Mona Turnbull’s view of life is through the prism of her artist’s eye. With a background including a BA in Business & Advertising Management, work as an administrator at Oxford University plus various other roles, she is always drawn back to the world of colour. Now running face & body painting, nails and beauty , creative make up and art business, she lives in Oxford, UK with her husband and two children. She has untaken art study with some of the best in the business and now also runs her own workshops. Mona’s enthusiasm and sparkling personality make her a sought after artist and regular demonstration painter at events such as IMAT’s London and for entities such as Kryolan UK. Photographing her face and body painting work is a growing skill but anything that can loosely be corralled in the decorative arts sphere is of interest – flowers and fine art effects are popular subject choices. You can find her latest body art on a billboard on M5 near Birmingham!
Recent awards and highlights in face and body painting include:
- FACE-to-FACE magazine, cover artist of the 20th birthday issue (issue 66),
(and regular feature contributing artist, various issues)
- Illusion Magazine, cover artist and feature article artist, Issue 24, Winter 2013
- Illusion Magazine ‘Inspirational Artist Award’, 2013 at Paintopia Face & Body Art Festival, UK
- Keynote presenter, Charles Fox Ltd (now Kryolan UK), Kryolan Marathon Masterclass 2013,
Royal Opera House in Covent Garden, demonstrating body painting on stage.
- Charles Fox Award, 2011 at the FACE Conference, UK
Mobile : 07834899393
Covering Oxford, London and the South East